MEETING OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES
TUESDAY, MAY 23, 2017 AT 7:00 P.M.
3110 OLD MCHENRY ROAD, LONG GROVE, ILLINOIS 60047
The Village Board will not proceed past 10:00 p.m. unless there is a consensus of the majority of the Village Trustees in attendance to do so. Those wishing to address the Village Board on an agenda item(s) may do so when the agenda item of interest is opened and prior to Board discussion.
CALL TO ORDER: Pledge Of Allegiance.
VISITORS' BUSINESS: Village Service Recognition Award: Stan Borys - Village Trustee: 2013-17
Homeowner Association: Fields Of Long Grove – Lou Morabito.
The Village Tavern Special Events & Signage Applications - 2017:
Illinois Booze & Blues: July 23. Veterans Event & Pig Roast: July 24.
The Village Tavern Raffle License:
Free Pig Roast Benefiting Veterans.
Lake County Sheriff's & Fire District’s Report.
1. Report Of The Plan Commission & Zoning Board Of Appeals (PCZBA) Meeting - May 2, 2017:
Ø Zoning Map Amendment From County AG-Agricultural To Village R-3 Residential District (1-Acre, Minimum Lot Size 33,000 Sq. Ft.) And A Special Use Permit/Preliminary Planned Unit Development (PUD) Approval For The Unincorporated Property To Allow A 31 Lot Single Family Detached Residential PUD For The Unincorporated Vacant Property Totaling 38.17 Acres (Located At The NW Corner Of Old Hicks & Checker Roads (Pins #1436100004; 1436100003). The Gross Site Density Is 1.24 Acres Per Lot And The Net Site Density (Excluding 50% Of Wetlands) Is 0.95 Acres Per Lot. The Application Requires The Following Relief: (1) Text Amendment From The Minimum Lot Size. The Proposed Minimum Lot Sizes Of 11,000 To 16,000 Sq. Ft. Requires A Text Amendment From The Minimum 43,560 Sq. Ft. (1-Acre) Lot Size; and (2) Setback Relief. Minimum Front Yard Setback = 50’, Requesting Approval Of 30’. Minimum Side Yard Setback = 30’, Requesting Approval Of 12’. The Development Is To Be Known As Deer Trail Subdivision, Swanson Development, LLC. The Property Located Immediately North Of The Karen’s Corner Subdivision And Is Commonly Known As The Archdiocese And Rodriguez Properties. (No recommendation by PCZBA, tied vote 3-3, 1 abstention) Continued at the Request of Petitioner from the May 9, 2017 Board Mtg.
2. Report Of The Architectural Commission (AC) Meeting – May 15, 2017:
A. Subdivision Identification Signage For Mardan Woods Subdivision, Mardan Woods HOA.
B. Signage For “Signature Popcorn” (Formerly Long Grove Popcorn) at 318 Old McHenry Road.
C. Signage For “Starbucks Coffee” (Formerly Peets’ Coffee) At Sunset Grove, 4196 IL Route 83, Building B.
D. Parking Lot Lighting Plan For Woodlawn Middle School, 6362 Gilmer Road, School District 96.
3. Report Of The Comprehensive Plan Steering Committee – May 22, 2017
A. Review of “Public Hearing” Draft of Plan Update.
B. Presentation dates to Village Board & PCZBA
C. Public Review/Public Hearing dates.
4. Consideration Of A Resolution Approving The Village Of Long Grove National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) II – MS4 Year 14 Report. (Res. #2017-R-20)
5. Consideration Of An Ordinance Authorizing The Sale Of Village-owned Surplus Property. (Ord. #2017-O-06) Old Office Furniture, Board Room Furniture & Misc. Equipment.
6. Village President Jacob – Administration & Legislation.
A. Village Board Goals Setting Workshop - Scheduling.
B. Marketing The Village Of Long Grove.
C. State Of Illinois Proposed Reduced Revenues To Municipalities.
7. Village Trustee Borys - Finance.
Ø Fiscal Year End 2016-17 Transfers Of Unspent Capital Funds To The Capital Project Improvement Fund.
8. Village Trustee Kritzmire - Security, Sustainability & Communications.
A. Lake County Sheriff Monthly Incident Reports - 2016 & 2017 (Thru April).
B. Village Newsletter & Communications.
9. Village Trustee Nora - Building, Water & Sewer.
Ø Village Property Maintenance, Building & Fire Code Enforcement – Annual Business Inspections.
10. Village Trustee O’Connor - Roads, Bridges & Pathways.
11. Village Trustee O’Reilly - Economic Development & Environmental Concerns.
Ø Report Of The Historic Downtown Long Grove Business Association (HDLGBA) Meeting – May 16, 2017.
12. Village Trustee Sarlitto - Planning & Zoning.
13. Village Clerk Gayton.
14. Village Manager Lothspeich.
15. Village Planner Hogue.
16. Village Engineer Perry.
A. N. Krueger Road – Update.
B. Robert Parker Coffin Covered Bridge – Update.
C. Northwest Water Commission Watermain (Aptakisic & Arlington Heights Road) – Update.
D. Three Lakes Drive Stormwater Improvements & Culvert Risers – Update.
17. Village Attorney Filippini.
18. Approval Of Board Meeting Minutes: May 9, 2017.
ADJOURNMENT. Next Regular Meeting: June 13, 2017 at 7:00 p.m.